Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brekky!

So apparently eating something in the morning that isn't toast and cereal is hard. I will try to help. I often skip breakfast but since I am doing Whole30 for the month of August (not something I do lightly - last time was 2-3 years ago) and Dallas and Melissa say in their book to eat breakfast meal 1 I will. And I'll publish my brekkies on the blog to inspire others.

1/8 Mexican inspired eggs:
4 eggs, half eggplant, celery stalk, some Japanese spice mix with chili, ginger, and sesame, goose fat. Fresh coriander and half a lime.
Quartered and sliced eggplant, sliced celery, 1/2 cm slices. Fried in goose fat with the spices on high heat, transfered to a plate. Heat off, pan on a cold heater. More goose fat. Cracked eggs into pan, stirred them together for scrambling. Back on the hot heater, set to high, scrambled away. When it was done I threw it on top of the veggies and threw some chopped coriander on and squished the lime to drizzle juice over.

PS For the Americans: 1/8 means first of August, coriander is cilantro, and 1/2 cm is 1/5 inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment